On Sunday the local and national planning committees for #AMTA16 met at Kalahari Resort and Conference Center in Sandusky, Ohio to network and begin putting the final touches on conference this coming November! It was a chance for us all to get a better feel for the conference center (it’s HUGE and awesome– See FREE WIFI, FREE PARKING, big hallways and space to lounge catching up with MT friends near and far!) AND to check out the resort (have you heard?! It’s a WATERPARK! And every room comes equipped with a fridge– See baby, kid, family, special diet friendly!).
At our meeting we received updates on special events (which we hope to confirm VERY soon!) and the conference app and finalized program which will be out shortly! Speaking as a local committee member, it made me grateful for the hard work that goes on behind the scenes day and night at the national level that makes our profession truly GREAT.
You know what else is GREAT?! All of YOU! Here are some important things to know as #AMTA16 approaches:
- Make sure you REGISTER. The deadline is October 5 for regular registration (students, lock in the lower rate NOW!). Lock in the regular rate today and join us for what will be an awesome conference!
- You can still register for CMTE’s and, if you can’t get time off for the whole conference you can always sign up for pre-conference events WITHOUT registering for conference. This includes all the special trainings and institutes on 11/9/16.
- We need YOUR help! Are you a student or professional that loves supporting Music Therapy??? Then consider volunteering a couple hours of your conference experience to help behind the scenes and ensure conference runs smoothly. We need volunteers for a myriad of tasks including instrument committee, hospitality, ushers and more. Learn more here.
- Reserve your hotel room today! To reserve a room at Kalahari call 855-875-7774. Press 2 for the resort and 2 again for attending a conference. Mention AMTA Conference to secure discounted room rates.
- Still deciding on how you will get to conference? You might want to read our transportation round ups here and here.
- Prepare to walk away a better music therapist than when you arrived. 🙂
See you in Sandusky in a little under 2 months and SAFE TRAVELS!
-The #AMTA16 Local Planning Committee