The 2015 AMTA conference in Kansas City has a great slate of special trainings, institutes, and CMTE courses planned to help advance your practice with a variety of populations. Some pre-conference sessions have limited enrollment, so register early. See the course listing on the AMTA website for full descriptions and fees and to register. AMTA members receive discounted registration for conference and continuing education courses, so join today.
Here’s a quick look at the special trainings and institutes being offered:
- Bonny Method of Guided Imagery and Music – Level I – Monday, Nov. 9- Thursday, Nov. 12. Chaired by Louise Dimiceli-Mitran, MA, LCPC, MT-BC. 36 CMTE credits.
- International Neurologic Music Therapy Fellowship Training – Wednesday, Nov. 11-Thursday, Nov. 12. Chaired by Michael H. Thaut, PhD and Corene P. Hurt-Thaut, PhD, MT-BC. 19 CMTEs.
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Music Therapy -Wednesday, Nov. 11, 9a-6p. Chaired by Jayne M. Standley, PhD, MT-BC. 8 CMTEs.
- Reiki Level 1 – Wednesday, Nov. 11, 12:30p-6:30p. Chaired by Kathy Lorenzato, Reiki III, MT-BC. 6 CMTEs.
- First Sounds: Rhythm, Breath and Lullaby International Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Training. Thursday, Nov. 12, 8a-6p. Chaired by Joanne Loewy, DA, LCAT, MT-BC and sponsored by Remo, Inc. 10 CMTEs.
- Music Therapy-Assisted Child Birth (MTACB) Experiential Training (Part 2) – Thursday, Nov. 12, 8a-6p. Chaired by Mary DiCamillo, EdD, MT-BC. Prerequisite: Successful completion of MTACB Part 1 Online Course between Oct. 2 and Nov. 1, 2015. 10 CMTEs for this part of the training; 26 total when combined with the online course. Please note that the online course requires separate registration and fee through Dr. DiCamillo, while Part 2’s registration is through AMTA.
- Documentation in Music Therapy: How to be Effective, Consistent, and Thoughtful – Wednesday, Nov. 11, 8:30-11:30a, 3 CMTEs. This mini-institute is FREE to current AMTA members registered for the conference. Chaired by Petra Kern, PhD, MTA, DMtG, MT-BC.
- AMTA Leadership Academy – Wednesday, Nov. 11, 12:30-6:30p, 6 CMTEs. Chaired by Ronna Kaplan, MA, MT-BC.
- Filling Your Toolbox: Neurologic Music Therapy Strategies for Speech-Language, Cognition & Motor Skills. Wednesday, Nov. 11, 12:30-6:30p, 6 CMTEs. Chaired by Angela Neve, MM, MT-BC and Julie Guy, MM, MT-BC.
- Psychotherapy – Where Does It Fit In Your Music Therapy Practice? Wednesday, Nov. 11, 12:30-6:30p, 6 CMTEs. Chaired by Barbara Dunn, PhD, LICSW, MT-BC and Christine Routhier, MA, LMHC, MT-BC.
- Drumming for Clinical Populations – From Therapy to Wellness. Thursday, Nov. 12, 9a-6p, 8 CMTEs. Chaired by Christine Stevens, MSW, MT-BC.
- Early Childhood Music Therapy Practices: A Music Together Approach. Thursday, Nov. 12, 9a-6p, 8 CMTEs. Chaired by Carol Ann Blank, MMT, MT-BC and Andrew Knight, PhD, MT-BC.