The 2015 AMTA conference will offer 21 great CMTE courses on Thursday, November 12 and Saturday, November 14. See the course listing on the AMTA website for full descriptions and fees and to register. Please check your courses carefully before registering to make sure their times don’t conflict. Here’s a quick rundown of the offerings:
5-credit hour courses held November 12, 7:30 am -12:30 pm.
- CMTE A. Music Therapy Through the Pre-bereavement/bereavement Continuum with Adults, Youth, & Professionals. Presenters: Lauren DiMaio. MMT, MT-BC; Noah Potvin, MMT, LPC, MT-BC; Deb Dempsey, MMT, LPCA, MT-BC.
- CMTE B. BrainTuning: Improving Attention, Memory & Executive Function Using Evidence-Based Music Strategies. Presenters: James C. Gardiner, PhD, ABN; Joshua Schrader, MT-BC; Brian Brandler, MA; Carol Kiefer, MEd, OTR.
- CMTE C. Re-purposing Trash Into Treasure: From Steel Pan to Emotional Issues. Presenters: Jean Raabe, MT-BC & Lee Anna Rasar, WMTR, MT-BC.
- CMTE D. Experiential Education in Music Therapy: Approaches for Deepening Clinical Awareness & Competency. Presenters: Patricia Winter, PhD, MT-BC; Susan Gardstrom, PhD, MT-BC; Jim Hiller, PhD, MT-BC; Nancy Jackson, PhD, MT-BC; Kathleen M. Murphy, PhD, LPC, LCAT, MT-BC.
- CMTE E. Get Up Offa That Thing – Clinical Applications of Movement & Dance. Presenters: Caryl Beth Thomas, MA, LMHC, ACMT & Lorrie Kubicek, MT-BC.
- CMTE F. Growing Your Music Therapy Business to the Next Level. Presenters: Kymla J. Eubanks, MM, MT-BC & Kat Fulton, MM, MT-BC.
- CMTE G. Fulfilling the Promise of IDEA: Making Music Therapy Happen in Public Education. Presenters: Elizabeth K. Schwartz, MA, LCAT, MT-BC; Minda K. Gordon, MT-BC; Meredith R. Pizzi, MT-BC; Emily J. Wangen, MT-BC/L.
- CMTE H. Counseling Techniques for Music Therapists. Presenter: Lori Gooding, PhD, MT-BC.
5-credit hour classes held November 12, 1:30-6:30pm:
- CMTE I. The Theory & Practice of Neurologic Music Therapy. Presenters: Kathleen Howland, PhD, CCC-SLP, MT-BC & Brian Harris, MA, MT-BC.
- CMTE J. You Can Uke, More Skill, More Fun. Presenter: Karen Jasko, MS, MT-BC (changed from Marcy Marxer).
- CMTE K. Music Therapy Marketing for Introverts. Presenter: Rachelle Norman, MA, MT-BC.
- CMTE L. Music Speaks: Effective Songwriting Strategies with Insight from a Parent. Presenter: Angela Neve, M.M., MT-BC with Andrea Moriarty & Reid Moriarty. (Previously listed as “Explore Songwriting” with presenter Cathy Fink).
- CMTE M. Functional Piano for Music Therapists: An Exploration of Styles. Presenter: Josh Massicot, MM.
- CMTE N. Supervising the National Roster Music Therapy Intern. FREE to current 2015 AMTA members registered for the conference. Presenters: Mary Jane Landaker, MME, MT-BC, AIAC Chair; Eve Montague, MSM, MT-BC; Matthew Phillips, LCSW, LMSW, MT-BC; Lauren DiMaio, MMT, MT-BC; Kimberly Hawkins, MS, MT-BC; Kay Luedtke-Smith, MT-BC; Amy Smith, CCLS, MT-BC; Manal Toppozada, MA, MT-BC/L.
3-credit hour course held November 12, 7:30-10:30am:
- CMTE O. Client & Therapist Resistances in Music Psychotherapy. Presenters: Susan Gardstrom, PhD, MT-BC; Lindsey Holmes, MT-BC; Jacqueline Birnbaum, MSEd, MA, LCAT, MT-BC; Amanda Sehr, MS, MA, LPC, MT-BC.
3-credit hour course held November 12, 1:30-4:30pm:
- CMTE P. Music Therapy in Schools: Strategies that Work with All Children! Presenters: Mary Adamek, PhD., MT-BC; Alice-Ann Darrow, PhD, MT-BC; Judith Jellison, PhD; Ellary Draper, PhD, MT-BC; Laura Brown, PhD, MT-BC.
- CMTE Q. Music Therapy Ethics- Raising Consciousness & Consulting with Colleagues. Presenters: Carol L. Shultis, PhD, LPC, MT-BC; Gretchen Patti, MS, LCAT, MT-BC.
- CMTE R. Spice Up Your Guitar Grooves for You & Your Clients. Presenter: Allison Kerr, MT-BC.
3-credit hour course held Saturday, November 14, 2:30-5:30pm – current 2015 AMTA members registered for the conference may select one course FREE:
- CMTE S. Music Therapy and ASD – We Have the Scoop and Tools for You! Presenters: Marcia Humpal, MEd, MT-BC; Petra Kern, PhD, MTA, DMtG, MT-BC; Blythe LaGasse, PhD, MT-BC; Barbara Else, MPA, LCAT, MT-BC.
- CMTE T. Professional Supervision: Why It’s Important and How You Can Get It. Presenters: Rachelle Norman, MA, MT-BC; Petra Kern, PhD, MTA, DMtG, MT-BC; Meredith Pizzi, MT-BC; Andrea Dalton, MM, MT-BC; Megan Resig, MT-BC; Blythe LaGasse, PhD, MT-BC; Lisa Kynvi, MA, MT-BC; Cindy Ropp, EdD, MT-BC; Laura Brown, PhD, MT-BC; Kyle Wilhelm, MA, MT-BC; Feilin Hsiao, PhD, MT-BC; Courtney Biddle, MT-BC; Libbie Roberts, MT-BC; Gretchen Chardos Benner, LMSW, MT-BC.
- CMTE U. Pieces of the Puzzle: LGBTQI Topics Explored. Presenters: Annette Whitehead-Pleaux, MA, MT-BC; Xueli Tan, MM, MT-BC; Leah Oswanski, MA, LPC, MT-BC; Amy Donnenwerth, MA, MT-BC; Beth Robinson, MT-BC; Michele Forinash, DA, LMHC, MT-BC; Maureen Hearns, MA, MT-BC; Spencer Hardy, MT-BC.
Find courses that interest you? Head over to AMTA’s website to register for them now! Don’t forget to check out the Institutes & Special Trainings offered at the Kansas City conference too.
Remember to check the CBMT Recertification Manual for other ways to earn CMTE credits at conference, including the 5 CMTE credit for attending (max 15 credits/cycle), presenting, attending sessions in umbrella groupings, and serving on committees, boards & task forces.